Open Houses for La Ballona Safe Routes to School Project
Learn more about the project at events on November 4th and 16th
Please join the City of Culver City at an upcoming open house to find out about the upcoming La Ballona Elementary Safe Routes to School Project. This project will install a number of traffic safety improvements in the neighborhood surrounding La Ballona Elementary School to make it safer and more comfortable to walk and bike to school. Proposed improvements include:
- Curb extensions at intersections to shorten pedestrian crossing distances
- New ADA ramps to make it easier to cross the street in a wheelchair or with a stroller
- New high-visibility crosswalks
- New controlled intersections with median refuge islands on Washington Blvd.
- New street trees and pedestrian-scale lighting
- A new protected bike lane on Elenda Street between Culver Blvd. and Washington Blvd.
This project is funded through a California Active Transportation Program Cycle 2 grant and is scheduled for construction beginning in the summer of 2018.
For more information, attend an upcoming community open house (click here for flyers in English and Spanish):
- Saturday, November 4, 2017: We will have a booth at the La Ballona Fall Festival, from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM, at La Ballona Elementary School.
- Thursday, November 16, 2017: We will have a community workshop starting at 5:00 PM before the regularly scheduled Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee meeting at 6:00 PM in the Patacchia Room on the 1st floor of City Hall.
For questions and comments about this project, please contact Eric Bruins, Bicycle & Pedestrian Coordinator, at (310) 253-5616 or firstname.lastname@example.org.