Culver City Firefighters Grow Mustaches for Men's Health Awareness
Movember is a month-long campaign geared towards raising awareness and funds for men’s health. When it comes to their health, too many men don’t talk, don’t take action and die too young.
Men's Health Stats:
- 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young men aged 15 – 34 years
- 1 in 4 adults in the US will experience a mental health problem in a given year
- 3 out of every 4 suicides are men
- Moving on a regular basis can reduce your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer by up to 50% and lower your risk of death by up to 30%
Participating Culver City Firefighters will start November 1st clean-shaven and grow only a mustache for 30 days to raise awareness and funds to help save and improve the lives of men and their families affected by prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and mental health problems. To donate, visit the Culver City Fire Department’s Movember page.