The City of Culver City (City) recognizes the community and economic benefits associated with special events. In effort to continue to encourage special events to be produced in Culver City, a Special Events Grant Program is being introduced for the 2017/18 fiscal year. The City Special Event Support Program provides financial support to two categories of events:
- Community/Charitable Events: Events that serve or benefit locally based organizations, causes and/or Culver City residents. Culver City-based organizations and events that serve the Culver City community specifically, receive priority funding.
- Signature Events: Large-scale events that promote Culver City regionally, attract visitors, provide measurable economic benefits to the City and enhance the quality of life within Culver City with recreational, cultural, social and/or educational activity of interest to the community.
Grants will be available through an application-based process to assist qualified events in the form of fee waivers for City permits, in-kind and/or direct staffing services.
The Special Event Grant Program is the first step in having your special event considered for funding by the City of Culver City. This grant application form will provide information necessary to determine if the event meets the eligibility criteria and to assess estimated City costs to host each event. In order to phase in the first year of the program, only programs occurring September 1, 2017 - August 31, 2018 need apply by completing the following process:
- On 03/24/17: Call for 2017/18 Special Event Grant Program Requests Open
- By 05/04/17: Sign up for a Mandatory Pre-Application Meeting Appointment
- By 05/12/17: 2017/18 Applications Due Electronically by 11:59pm (PST)
All requests for funds are considered and reviewed by a City Council subcommittee, which makes recommendations to the full City Council. Final grant awards are anticipated to be considered by the City Council on June 12, 2017 to align with the adoption of the annual budget.