- Tax ordinances are a part of the Culver City Municipal Code. The Code is available here on this website or at the office of the City Clerk on the first floor of City Hall at 9770 Culver Blvd., Culver City CA 90232.
You may be exempt from paying utility user's tax for your personal residence if:
- You are a resident of Culver City;
- You are 60 years of age or older;
- Your Total Adjusted Gross Income was nor more than $18,200 for the last calendar year; AND the combined Adjusted Gross Income of all members of the household in which you reside was no more than $21,500; OR
- You are a residen of Culver City who meets the criterion of Disability, as established by the Social Security Administration's Supplemental Security Income Program for the Aged, Blind and Disability (Title XVI of the Social Security Act as amended), without regard to your age.
If you believe you qualify for an exemption and refund of utility user tax paid in the current year, contact the Finance Department at 310-253-5865. Click here for the exemption application. Click here for the refund application.
- The utility user tax rate is 11%.
- Electricity, gas, water, telecommunications and cable television services provided to both residential and business users are subject to local utility user tax.
- Transient occupancy tax is levied on hotel/motel room rent charges for all hotel/motel room occupants, except those guests whose stay is for more than 30 consecutive days. The tax rate is 14% of the rent charged for the room.